0 of 15 Questions completed
You have already completed the exam before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exam is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exam.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- CAE LISTENING PART 1 0%
- CAE LISTENING PART 2 0%
- CAE LISTENING PART 3 0%
- CAE LISTENING PART 4 0%
You will hear three different extracts. For questions 1 – 6, choose the answer (A, B or C) which fits best according to what you hear. There are two questions for each extract.
You hear two friends discussing the topic of marketing.
1. Which aspect of college publicity material do the friends disagree about?CorrectIncorrect
2. In the woman’s opinion, companies link themselves with charities in order toCorrectIncorrect
You hear two friends talking about ways of keeping fit.
3. What is the woman’s criticism of exercising in gyms?CorrectIncorrect
4. How does the man respond to his friend’s criticism?CorrectIncorrect
You hear a woman telling a friend about living in her capital city as a student.
5. What is she doing during the conversation?CorrectIncorrect
6. Why does the man give the example of trees?CorrectIncorrect
You will hear a student called Josh Brady talking about visiting South Africa as part of his university course in botany.
For questions 7 – 14, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
TRIP TO SOUTH AFRICA
As well as his research project, Josh planned to write a (7) for a website while he was in Africa.
Josh’s group planned to check out a particular region after a (8) that had occurred there.
Josh was surprised to see (9) being grown in the first area they visited.
Josh describes the vehicle they travelled in as a (10) when they went in search of specimens.
Josh uses the word (11) to give us an idea of the shape of the leaves he found.
Josh was particularly impressed by one type of flower which was (12) in colour.
Josh uses the word (13) to convey his feelings about an area of vegetation he studied.
Josh really appreciated the view he got from the (14) of his accommodation.
You will hear an interview in which two journalists called Jenny Langdon and Peter Sharples are talking about their work.
For questions 15 – 20, choose the answer (A, B, C or D) which fits best according to what you hear.
15. What does Jenny say about the story which made her name?CorrectIncorrect
16. What does Jenny suggest about the editor she worked for on her first national daily newspaper?CorrectIncorrect
17. When Jenny got her own daily column on the newspaper, she feltCorrectIncorrect
18. Peter thinks he got a job on Carp Magazine thanks toCorrectIncorrect
19. Peter and Jenny agree that courses in journalismCorrectIncorrect
20. When asked about their novels, Peter and Jenny revealCorrectIncorrect
TASK 1 & TASK 2
You will hear five short extracts in which people are talking about changing their jobs.
While you listen you must complete both tasks.
What is the reason each speaker gives for changing job?
- lacking a sense of purpose
- needing more of a challenge
- unfriendly colleagues
- no prospect of advancement
- the workload
- poor holiday entitlement
- disagreements with superiors
- the physical environment
What does each speaker feel about their new job?
- relieved the initial uncertainty is over
- delighted by a change in lifestyle
- glad to be helping other people
- hopeful about future success
- happy to feel in control
- encouraged by early results
- grateful for an increase in salary
- satisfied with the training received