You’re going to hear a short talk about sharks
You will hear the talk twice.
As you listen, write down some notes about what you hear.
After, I will ask you six questions on some facts sharks
Press play to start the audio-
After you have listened twice, press START QUIZ to answer the questions
CPE LISTENING EXAM 1
0 of 16 questions completed
You have already completed the exam before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exam is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exam.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- FCE LISTENING PART 1 0%
- FCE LISTENING PART 2 0%
- FCE LISTENING PART 3 0%
- FCE LISTENING PART 4 0%
2. You hear a public announcement at a family theme park.
What does the announcement contain?CorrectIncorrect
3. You hear two people talking about a course they have attended.
What was the topic of the course?CorrectIncorrect
4. You hear two people talking about a film they have both seen.
What do they agree about?CorrectIncorrect
5. You hear a man being interviewed about a new project he has set up in his home town.
What is the purpose of the project?CorrectIncorrect
6. You hear a man talking on the radio about salespeople.
What does he say about them?CorrectIncorrect
7. You hear two friends talking about a student website.
What do they agree about it?CorrectIncorrect
8. You hear a chef talking about taking part in a cookery competition.
What did he find surprising?CorrectIncorrect
You will hear a man called Chris Graham talking to a group of students about a vacation job he had in Australia.
For questions 9 – 18, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
My Vacation Job in Australia
Chris thinks the best place to find a job like he had is the (9) .
Chris is studying (10) at university.
For most of the time he was working for the travel company, Chris lived in a (11) outside of the town.
Chris was often asked to go to a (12) at the weekend.
In the mornings, Chris had to drive tourists to see the (13) in the desert.
Many of the tourists were unaware of the need to keep their (14) covered up when they were in the sun.
The tourists particularly wanted to know how to tell the difference between the (15) of the wild animals.
In the afternoons, the tourists were able to see some (16) that had more than one use.
Chris says that the local government would like to have a larger (17) to attract tourists.
Chris advises other students to send off their job application forms in the month of (18) at the latest.
You will hear five short extracts in which people are talking about happiness.
For questions 19 – 23, choose from the list what each person says happiness means to them.
Use the letters only once. There are three extra letters which you do not need to use.
- Happiness is a short escape from everyday routine.
- Happiness comes from achieving your goals
- Having a happy personality allows you to cope effectively with problems.
- Happiness is being thankful for what you have.
- Happiness is all about the experience of overcoming problems
- Happiness comes from having someone special to share your thoughts with
- True happiness lies in making others happy.
- Older people are less happy than younger ones
You will hear part of a radio interview with an author called Mickey Smith, who is talking about becoming excellent at sport. For questions 24 – 30, choose the best answer.
24 When asked about his theory on talent, Mickey says thatCorrectIncorrect
25 Mickey believes that outstanding football playersCorrectIncorrect
26 How did Mickey feel when he first became successful at gymnastics?CorrectIncorrect
27 Mickey says that the motivation to continue training for long periods of timeCorrectIncorrect
28 Mickey says that coaches working with young people need to understand thatCorrectIncorrect
29 Mickey says that many people who play sport don’t bother to try hard becauseCorrectIncorrect
30 According to Mickey, what can cause some sports people to fail at important events?CorrectIncorrect