CEFR Language Exam Resource Centre
CEFR Language Exam Resource Centre

Practical information about DELF

delf dalf logo - free Delf exams

Who can take the diplomas?

If you are not French and would like your French skills to be recognised for personal or professional purposes.
You can take DELF and/or DALF.

If you are a non-French-speaking French person. 
You can obtain authorisation from the National Commission for DELF and DALF to take the DELF examinations.

Which diploma should I take?

The DELF and DALF diplomas are independent, so you can take the examination of your choice. You can also sit the examinations for a number of diplomas during the same examination session.


Where do I register?

Candidates must register in approved examination centres in France or outside France. You can register in one country or in different countries, and there are no time limits.


How much does registration cost?

Outside France, the cost of registering for each diploma is set by the Department for cooperation and cultural affairs (SCAC) of the French embassy and the National Commission. In France, it is set by the local education offices. For information on fees, contact the examination centre where you would like to take the diploma(s).

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.